Tuesday, May 31, 2005

When in Doubt talk to your dog.

Later my call to the US was answered by my mother in law who sounded like she wanted to lay me on the line ans straighten me out like all mother in laws would and sure enough the first question she asked me was if I was divorced with my wife! I dont what is going on there or what would give her the idea and she said that there's a conflict of interest here but did not elaborate and so I have no idea what she was trying to say. She then asked where I am living and I told her that I am living on the road as I am in the process of travelling to Indonesia. Next she insisted that my children cannot stay there and I will have to take them back. It was not fair for me to dump them there in her lap as she is too old to care for them and their mother. I told her that it is not a problem for me except that I have no financial means to get them over here after spending so much to send them there and then there is the Immigration problems that I will have to look into again as this was the main cause of all my aches and pains with regard to my family who are all US citizens. Otherwise I told her that they are welcome to come back but at least give me a chance to get my life together again.

I then spoke to my daughter and asked her how things were and she said that it is not too bad. I asked her if she would like to return and she said yes so I told her to be patient and I will try to solve the mess one step at a time. my wife and son were still in bed as the time was very early in the morning in the US. I hung up the phone feeling like a load has been laid on my shoulders again and I spent the rest of the evening discussing all the options that I have and what my mext moves will have to be. Should I continue with my plans to go to Indonesia or should I go to Terengganu and take on the job that was offered to me to lecture at a training institute in Kemaman by Captain Ramlan? What about their education and what about their mother?

As to the question about divorcing my wife I have no intention of doing so and never did and no matter what happens to her farther down the road I will take care of her because I love my wife despite all the negativity that has occrued between us over the years. My wife as I have said before has suffered enough and she deserves better than being discarded like a wasted rag in some mental home. If she comes back here I will still care for her simply because she is my wife and I had made a promise to he late father that I will do so unless she is the one who is asking for a divorce and I highly doubt it as in her present state of mind I do not think she can make such a request. From the way things are developing over there I also doubt that she will find good care from her mother, brother or her relatives and friends. Her mother has told me among other things that if is not fair for her and the kids to be there and that her brother has said that he will not take any responsibility over his sister or nephew and niece's welfare.

Hence I am left with no other choice but to face the consequences of trying to bring them all back and continue on facing the predicaments of living with my family whose citizenship status will always be a source of pain and anxieties regardless where they live and so much for Globalization!

No comments: