Tuesday, April 26, 2005

when it rains it pours

This evening upon returnig from picking up my son from his school, my wife was talked into letting my daughter drive our car to the house from the main road and my daughter who had never driven before slammed the car against a coconut tree when she failed to make the final corner towards our house. I was watering the plants when this happened and I heard the car coming down the road faster than it should and when I caught a glimpse of the car coming around the corner I told myself that my wife has finally flipped as she was not going to make the curve at that speed. Sure enough the car made straight for the coconut tree and I was too stunned to even move. The first thing that came to my mind was , there goes our plane fares to the US. I was counting on selling the car to pay for our trip to the States as this was the last item we have that would buy the fares for the four of us.

Then I saw my daughter scrambbling out of the driver's sit crying and followed by my wife from the rear sit, Iwas even more surprised and did not know if I should be angry or just let it go. I continued to water the plants and let things settle down a little before walking over to check the damage. My son was sitting in the front sit like he was not sure what was going on. A couple arrived on a motorcycle and after explaining what had happened I borrowed a hand phone and called my friends for help. We managed to pull the car out of a small ditch where the front tyres had sunk into and evaluated the damage. It was decide that repairs can be made without involving the insurance claims and thus save the premium from being raised.

I do not know if the damage caused by the accident would lower the sale value of the car or not but needless to say I felt like I am being taken through the ringer as one shit after another kept pelting me like the saying when it rains it pours. Oddly enough I did not feel too much anger over the whole incident and help came without too much trouble eventhough it was late in the evening. Being Muslims my friends told me that this was yet another test from the AlMighty. I am beginning to wonder if it will ever end or what else lies in store for us before the AlMighty decides that we had enough. I am greatful that my wife and children were not hurt in the accident.

No comments: